Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is my friend really banned?

3 posters

Go down

Why is my friend really banned? Empty Why is my friend really banned?

Post  TizGeo Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:56 am

Hi,
My friend, TehHamMan, was banned a few days ago for 'griefing'.
Hobovitch, you told me to go to mij's page on griefing and read what it says. After our little fight over the ban (now you have banned me as well) It says, to qoute)

'A griefer is a player in a multiplayer video game that purposely irritates and harasses other players.'
I'm sure he never irritated or harassed anybody?

It also says...
'If your actions result in another player having to do work to fix what you caused then you are griefing.'
I'm also sure a lot of people do something which causes other people to come help or fix it for them.

And...
'If a player is bothered by your harassment you are griefing.'
Again, he never harassed anyone.

And...
'If you talk rude to others you are griefing.'
He never talked rude to anyone.

(Sorry to kind of pick on your paragraph on griefing mij)
But this confuses me because if your actions cause others cleaning up your mess, I should be banned on quite a few servers when i burned my house down, Broke a wall to get into my friends house (which HE patched up), the list could go on.

Please, My friend TehHamMan is sincerely sorry for what he did and he loves this server as much as I and as you do. If he griefs again you can ban me as well because thats how much i trust him, and you should trust him too. Isn't that what this servers about? Forgive and forget, trust you friends. Because I thin of you guys as my friends, and so does he.

If you think he should have one more chance please put in in the comment box and we can hopefully all get back on the server and have a great time as friends.
(p.s. I also want to be unbanned please)

Thankyou, TizGeo

TizGeo

Back to top Go down

Why is my friend really banned? Empty Just to know...

Post  TizGeo Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:07 am

Also i made this account especially for this. And put yourself in my shoes, if your friend was banned and you know they wouldn't do it again or didn't mean to do you think they should get another chance? Thanks

TizGeo

Back to top Go down

Why is my friend really banned? Empty Why?

Post  TizGeo Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:05 am

I thought you could at least talk to me on this. And I get what you were saying now.

TizGeo

Back to top Go down

Why is my friend really banned? Empty Re: Why is my friend really banned?

Post  Hobovitch Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:27 am

Im sorry Tiz

Your friend, TehHamMan, griefed. I've said a lot of times that I do NOT tolerate griefing under any circumstances,

'A griefer is a player in a multiplayer video game that purposely irritates and harasses other players.'
I'm sure he never irritated or harassed anybody?
By removing Cubs machines, and stealing his copper ingots (Which he admitted to) he caused Cub irritation, and as a result - Myself, as he had worked hard to get the materials, and I can understand why he would be annoyed. I also had to find out, via logs and tracking, what had been removed.

It also says...
'If your actions result in another player having to do work to fix what you caused then you are griefing.'
I'm also sure a lot of people do something which causes other people to come help or fix it for them.
Theres a difference, if you intentionally cause problems or do something to anothers property without telling them, its really annoying. My example would be If i broke part of your wall, told you, then helped to rebuild it - Thats different from what itd be like if i broke the wall, then did not replace it.

And...
'If a player is bothered by your harassment you are griefing.'
Again, he never harassed anyone.
He removed cubs items, machinery and parts of his home, I would consider that harassment, as well as griefing. Harassment means causing people problems - He interrupted cubs playtime by having to regain those items, and my own by having to find out who did what, he also put private warps into Huckings factory and Cubs factory, which means he meant to steal Items again, therefore - meaning more harassment

And...
'If you talk rude to others you are griefing.'
He never talked rude to anyone.
I didn't say he spoke improperly to anybody, this is just another part of the "What is griefing?" topic that balloons over many areas, including griefing, theft etc.

I perhaps would of let him off if it was just theft, but he also broke items in cubs homes, left warps in there (Which were logged) and another warp in Huckings factory which meant he was going to steal items again, I would consider that a bad reputation, even for a first offense.

So unfortunatly, no - I will not be unbanning him, I have unbanned your account, please feel free to play as you wish

Hobovitch

Back to top Go down

Why is my friend really banned? Empty Ok

Post  TizGeo Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:13 am

I see now. I didn't realise what he'd done, well i knew he griefed but not to that extent. I'm sincerely sorry for causing hassle to you. I hope you will except my apology. Thanks

TizGeo

Back to top Go down

Why is my friend really banned? Empty :(

Post  onkyponk Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:14 pm

teham was cool im sad hes gone , i often traded with him with 100% confidense

onkyponk

Back to top Go down

Why is my friend really banned? Empty Re: Why is my friend really banned?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down