Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion

4 posters

Go down

Suggestion Empty Suggestion

Post  dbauer17 Sun May 06, 2012 1:30 pm

Since the server has been having a lot of glitches in chunk loading and several problems with corruption maybe we should consider a complete server restart meaning the world and everything gets reset. I know that this will delete everyone’s work but it will fix the server from every problem also giving us a chance to start limiting the world so that the chunks are preloaded and we don’t run the risk of glitches chunks.

If you agree or disagree reply below

dbauer17

Back to top Go down

Suggestion Empty Re: Suggestion

Post  urlmichael Mon May 07, 2012 4:09 pm

I disagree. The rollbacks are VERY annoying, but this world has so much familiarity, and I believe that it is you (I may be mistaken, it might be somebody else) that is starting over from scratch. I recognize that the moderators are doing all they can to fix the problem, but I think that the focus should be to stop these problems from happening in the future.

If the server does restart from scratch, I think that the moderators should look into a way to keep all the items in our inventories and alchemy bags, so that the people who don't want to start from scratch can pack up all their valuables and move them into the new world.

I hope this doesn't anger the moderators, but I think it would be constructive if we all knew what the problems are. I can see how the moderators might not want a bunch of people constantly suggesting things (I know how annoying that can get), but it might help the community attitude to know what the problems are, what is being done to fix it, and how we as a community can help.

Thank you for your time, and moosecraft forever!
-urlmichael

urlmichael

Back to top Go down

Post  WolfXRunner Tue May 08, 2012 3:58 pm

It is because of the chunk loading errors or whatever it is that there are rollbacks, from what i understand(could have misunderstood) the roll backs are to fix the chinks thats why there are so many

WolfXRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  dbauer17 Tue May 08, 2012 11:35 pm

I do agree that we need to prevent the problem and to work on a more permanent solution other than just rollbacks.

Another fact that most of you have noticed is that all these rollbacks have been occurring time and time again. In the past there were very few rollbacks over the course of a month but now we have once every day. There is something happening and if it continues the server will die. Most people who used to be online have left or rarely come online (myself included).

I personally believe that there is a pattern here I don’t know what is the cause, but I do know it will continue until we find a cause. I am suspicious that someone may be causing it but I have no proof would check the logs if I could to see if a person shows up constantly and then the server crashes. I don’t know if it is possible to see this person but it’s worth a try. It’s most likely someone we don’t know but then again I have no proof to confirm anything this is nothing more than suspicion. It could be possible that someone is doing this unintentionally and doesn’t realize this. Anything is possible but we do need to help look for solutions we can’t rely on Mij or hobo for all the answers we need to help contribute and find the answer and the solution. This is a good server and if we as a community let it die we shouldn’t join another.

The server restart is just an idea for a permanent solution after we found out what caused it. I’m not saying people will not get there items back or that the map seed will change but as a way to fix everything reinstall all the plug-in’s and move on clean and with no mistakes.

Once again the server restart is an idea and not a plan.

dbauer17

Back to top Go down

Post  dbauer17 Wed May 09, 2012 2:00 pm

I’ve been looking for ways to fix problems with corrupted chunks even though this might not be the answer. It's a start in the right direction.

MCedit and Chunkster are two ways to fix corrupted chunks and could help us locate the problem. Both options are much better then rollbacks if corrupted chunks is the problem.

dbauer17

Back to top Go down

Post  urlmichael Sun May 13, 2012 4:40 pm

I think DBauer's suggestion is the best. We're losing members by the day. I'm considering finding a new server...

urlmichael

Back to top Go down

Post  WolfXRunner Mon May 14, 2012 5:03 am

Once Mij is done with his school testing an other stuff he said he will start working on the server. should be able to start in the next couple days. so jus have patience all Smile

WolfXRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  8Dl Tue May 15, 2012 11:29 pm

Maybe, unless I keep him busy IRL.. muahahahahaha!!!! Twisted Evil

8Dl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: