Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IMPORTANT - New Map/Hosting Company coming soon

5 posters

Go down

IMPORTANT - New Map/Hosting Company coming soon Empty IMPORTANT - New Map/Hosting Company coming soon

Post  Hobovitch Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:34 pm

You, like myself - are probably REALLY pissed off with little restarts we don't schedule and general lag at times

So i've taken the step of revoking our account with Multiplay after the 9th of April and I am currently setting up a new server with Provisionhost.com
You may wonder why, and heres the bottom line

Multiplay costs me $34 a month for a crappy control panel, bad service, constant downtime and ungodly lag at times
Their setup for $34 a month
- 1GB of Ram
- 16 slots
- No support
- Broken plugins

Provisionhost gave me a discount, so now, for $30 a month, we will get
- Apparently brilliant support, which it seems to be so far
- 1.5gb of Ram
- 30 Slots
- Up to date plugins

Only downside is that we need to generate a new map Sad

Hobovitch

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT - New Map/Hosting Company coming soon Empty Re: IMPORTANT - New Map/Hosting Company coming soon

Post  Grandkuma Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:51 pm

I'm all for it!

Grandkuma

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT - New Map/Hosting Company coming soon Empty Re: IMPORTANT - New Map/Hosting Company coming soon

Post  Eplemosen Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:15 am

Aww, I was just getting started ... well, I guess it's a good thing in the long run. Will be fun with a fresh start too! Smile

Eplemosen

http://eplemosen.moo.no

Back to top Go down

Post  cublikefoot Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:52 pm

Hobovitch wrote:Only downside is that we need to generate a new map Sad
False.
You can download the world folder (or folders if you choose to download the end and the nether) from the control panel file manager, or you can connect via FTP (FileZilla FTP Client) and download the world through there.

cublikefoot

http://cublikefoot.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT - New Map/Hosting Company coming soon Empty The whitelist

Post  Kanokon Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:54 pm

Will we have to re-apply for the whitelist or do we keep our spots in the server.
Also, Could we get one item from what we had before the new server if we take a screenshot?
If not thats fine lol.
Last thing: Whats in the starters :p ive been wondering ever since you said that we would be getting better starters.

Kanokon

Back to top Go down

Post  cublikefoot Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:58 pm

Kanokon wrote:Will we have to re-apply for the white-list or do we keep our spots in the server?
If the server owner downloads the whitelist.txt file in the root directory of the server, and uploads it to the new host, you shouldn't have to re-apply.

This applies to the map as well, if you can ^^

cublikefoot

http://cublikefoot.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hobovitch Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:06 am

cublikefoot wrote:
Hobovitch wrote:Only downside is that we need to generate a new map Sad
False.
You can download the world folder (or folders if you choose to download the end and the nether) from the control panel file manager, or you can connect via FTP (FileZilla FTP Client) and download the world through there.

Hehe

Thats the problem.. Multiplay is THAT shit, it corrupts world files when I download them :'D
Im so happy im moving servers..

Hobovitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down